Session 10: Ministry System – October 2016
It was great to see most of you on Tuesday! Praying for you who were getting ready for Charge/Church Conferences or otherwise not able to attend. Once again, our time together was absolutely loaded and we probably could have gone a lot longer…
Here is a brief re-cap from our October 25th time together:
- I did a brief devotional from Proverbs.
- We had no Quiz. Woo-Hoo!
- It was great to hear some of the changes happening in you and your churches and I look forward to hearing more good things happening in our churches as we implement what we are learning. Thank you to everyone who shared good news!
- Have you talked with your leadership yet about a Christmas Offering and how to help people connect with the discipline of giving and generosity?
- Are you thinking about ways to connect your people to the Great Commission of Matthew 28:18-20 and Acts 1:8 through your Christmas Offering?
- We spent most of our time in the Ministry System. We talked about “Lakes and Ladders” and not giving a title without a timeline, amongst other things.
- And, please remember to let Dawn know right away if you plan on continuing in ECL Coaching in 2017. Send her an email letting her know that you are in and she’ll let you know your next steps!
- Also, a reminder that if you want to refer another pastor to ECL Coaching, please guide said pastor to our website and how they can apply for coaching in 2017.
- Let me encourage one more time that what we do matters greatly in the grand scheme of humanity and that it’s an ongoing, never-ending, process. Once we think we have it all figured out, something will changeJ!
- I am praying for you pastors who are discerning your call to your current and future locations and/or contemplating retirement. Let’s keep each other and each other’s communities in our prayers. I can’t help but think of each one of you as I pass through or think of the communities in which you live and lead.
Wow! That was a lot in one day.
Everything you need to prepare for our session on FRIDAY, November 11th in Baraboo is in your HUB. I’m looking forward to continuing a great year together! We only have 2 sessions left in this year of coaching. Hard to believe…
Finally, check out the links to Church Leader Insight’s “Assimilation Seminar” in your Session 2 HUB, their “Stewardship Seminar” in your Session 3 HUB, the “Evangelism Seminar” on the Session 4 page of your HUB and in YOUR Session 6 HUB is the “Activate Seminar”. Session 7 HUB is the “The Worship Planning Seminar”. The “Ministry Seminar” is also in your HUB! Please download them before December 31st and take some time to listen to them.
Again, these are for you and your church’s use only. I have permission to pass these to you all as part of our coaching network. Please help me keep Nelson’s trust in me by honoring Church Leader Insights wishes. Download it all, share it with your leadership and keep studying!
Thanks for allowing me to be your Coach. I’m praying for you, your leadership and your churches.
P.S. Scroll down for the recording of our session, your homework and all of the resources.