Session 11: November 2016
It was great to see most of you on Friday! Praying for you who were not able to attend. Once again, our time together was absolutely loaded and we probably could have gone a lot longer and answered a few more questions. Thanks you for your flexibility meeting at UW-Baraboo too!
Here is a brief re-cap from our November 11th time together:
- Devotional from Wiley reminded us that “Prayerlessness” is a problem in the Church
- We had no Quiz. Woo-Hoo!
- Have you talked with your leadership yet about a Christmas Offering and how to help people connect with the discipline of giving and generosity?
- Are you thinking about ways to connect your people to the Great Commission of Matthew 28:18-20 and Acts 1:8 through your Christmas Offering? Again, I would say that it’s easier to start international and work your way back to local as opposed to the other way around.
- We talked a little bit about how the systems work together and overlap.
- We took time to look at the reality of where we are as The Wisconsin Conference of the United Methodist Church. It is sobering to say the least. I hope it is motivating for us to continue to improve and turn around some disturbing trends.
- We talked about the Triple Bottom Line again from Ken Blanchard’s book: “Leading at a Higher Level”. How can we, as churches, be: 1) The Provider of Choice; 2) The Investment of Choice; and, 3) The Employer of Choice?
- We talked about the 12 Ways to Reach the Unchurched. I hope that was helpful in charging our evangelism batteries.
- Please download everything you can from your HUB so that you have it in your files. Your HUB will be removed from the website January 15th, 2017.
- And, please remember to let Dawn know right away if you plan on continuing in ECL Coaching in 2017. Send her an email letting her know that you are in and she’ll let you know your next steps!
Wow! That was a lot in one day.
Everything you need to prepare for our session on December 13th in Baraboo is in your HUB. I’m looking forward to finishing strong our great year together!
December 13th is going to be FULL! Be prepared to load up on The Leadership System. We will talk about Staffing (paid and unpaid … which will help us get the right people in the right places), pastoral development and maybe some on a Tithe Challenge. Also, we will take steps to wrap up 2016 and kick off 2017 well as those called to LEAD! See you there!
Happy Thanksgiving and Merry Christmas!
Finally, check out and the links to Church Leader Insight’s Seminars and get them downloaded. Two new ones in this month: “Leadership Skills for a Growing Church” and “The Strategy Seminar” with Nelson Searcy. Don’t miss them!
Again, these are for you and your church’s use only. I have permission to pass these to you all as part of our coaching network. Please help me keep Nelson’s trust in me by honoring Church Leader Insights wishes. Download it all, share it with your leadership and keep studying!
Thanks for allowing me to be your Coach. I’m praying for you, your leadership and your churches.
P.S. Scroll down for the recording of our session, your homework and all of the resources.