Session 3: Stewardship System – March 2016
It was great to see you all on Tuesday and I hope and pray all are recovering well! I understand that our 3rd Session was absolutely loaded and we probably could have gone a lot longer, but we will come back to the Stewardship System later this year.
BTW – Congratulations on completing 25% of your year of ECL Coaching!
Here is a brief re-cap from our March 29th time together:
- Congratulations to Wendy and Harsha (and many others) on the Assimilation Quiz!
- Please see the movie, “Spotlight” so that we are reminded what we are up against in our society as followers of Jesus and leaders in Jesus’ Church.
- Quick reminder to send in notes and read books and send in top takeaways because “Accountability brings progress”.
- Easter Recap: we talked about ways to get people to fill out their Connection Cards and Van Halen.
- We talked about making changes happen in our churches. We talked about a couple of different strategies, including Nehemiah!
- “Attitude is the Aroma of Your Heart”
- Stewardship is Discipleship. We are challenged with the Big Rocks of Stewardship: “Options Are Not an Option”, “Use the Right Envelope” and “Don’t Be Afraid to Talk About Stewardship”
- Do you need to get a new Envelope? The Right Envelope is the way to Maximize our Stewardship Systems! I hope that looking at BMZ’s financial numbers, we realized what a difference the Stewardship System can make in our churches. THE KEY to the Stewardship System is using the “Right” envelope. An envelope that is easy to use, postage paid, secure and is big enough to list your church’s options for giving on. It is SO IMPORTANT, that I would say it is worth it to get rid of whatever offering envelope you are using right now; call it a ‘sunk cost’, and get started with a new envelope. Why not start being better at stewardship NOW?!? If you need me to, I will come and spill coffee on your current envelopes so they are not usable! Then, you can try a larger, more secure envelope right away. Send me your church address and when I can bring my coffee mugJ!
- Focus Day is April 9th and the creators of the postage paid envelopes, Liberty Press out of North Carolina, will be on site at BMZ!
- Oh, and your reading assignment is to get caught up on the first two books, Maximize and Fusion, and then read, The Difference Maker (a shorter book on Evangelism that we passed out back in January).
Wow! That was a lot in one day.
Everything you need to prepare for our 4th session on April 26th at the Chamber of Commerce Building in Baraboo is in your HUB. I’m looking forward to a great year together!
Finally, check out the links to Church Leader Insight’s “Assimilation Seminar” in your Session 2 HUB and their “Stewardship Seminar” in your Session 3 HUB. Again, these are for you and your church’s use only. I have permission to pass these to you all as part of our coaching network. Please help me keep Nelson’s trust in me by honoring his wishes. Download it all and keep studying!
Thanks for allowing me to be your Coach. I’m praying for you, your leadership and your churches.
P.S. Look in the resources section for the recording of our session and your homework is below.