Session 4: Evangelism System – April 2016
It was great to see you all on Tuesday and I hope and pray all are recovering well! I understand that our 4th Session was absolutely loaded and we probably could have gone a lot longer, but we will come back to the Evangelism System again next month.
BTW – Congratulations on completing 1/3 of your year of ECL Coaching!
Here is a brief re-cap from our April 26th time together:
- Devotional from Mike on Moses “Call” and our reminder that we, as pastors, need to be willing to go forward in our call even when we feel inadequate.
- Congratulations to EVERYONE on the Stewardship Quiz (enjoy the book, “Autopsy of a Deceased Church” by Thom Rainer)!
- Are you thinking about ways to grow in the summer? Who do you need to meet with to talk about 3-5 ways to connect with your community this summer? Be Creative!
- We talked about Evangelism and why it is important.
- We talked about 4 reasons WHY to do a Big Day and how they help us grow in health and numbers in our churches.
- We talked about the best times for Big Days and I challenged everyone to get the next year of Big Days on their calendars. What’s the date of Easter 2017??
- We talked about how Big Days put stakes/anchors down on our preaching calendars and helps us build other ministries off of those specific dates.
- We talked about the 5 Main Elements of a Big Day. Prayer, Personal Evangelism (tools + training + timeliness), Promotion, Preservation and the Pastor … they all matter greatly.
- Evangelism is Discipleship … Jesus said that he would “make” his Disciples something if they followed him. He said he would make the “fishers of people”. That’s what we get to do!
- Again, a reminder that your required books are FREE! We will bring them with us each month for the following month’s reading. You will also receive Thom Rainer’s books, “I Am a Church Member” and “I Will” as a bonus.
- And, NO QUIZ at MAY 24th Coaching Session!
Wow! That was a lot in one day.
Everything you need to prepare for our session on May 24th back at the Chamber Building in Baraboo is in your HUB. I’m looking forward to continuing a great year together!
Finally, check out the links to Church Leader Insight’s “New Assimilation Seminar” (Do a RE-DOWNLOAD … This is the NEW ONE I was talking about!!) in your Session 2 HUB and their “Stewardship Seminar” in your Session 3 HUB. And now, the “Evangelism Seminar” on the Session 4 page of your HUB. Again, these are for you and your church’s use only. I have permission to pass these to you all as part of our coaching network. Please help me keep Nelson’s trust in me by honoring his wishes. Download it all and keep studying!
Thanks for allowing me to be your Coach. I’m praying for you, your leadership and your churches.
P.S. Scroll down (Get into your membership HUB) for the recording of our session, your homework and all of the resources.