Session 5: Evangelism System – Part 2 – May 2016
It was great to see you all last Tuesday. I hope and pray all are recovering well from Memorial Day Weekend! Once again, our time together was absolutely loaded and we probably could have gone a lot longer.
Here is a brief re-cap from our May 24th time together:
- I hope everyone enjoyed not having a Quiz! It will be a few months before you catch that break again…
- It was great to hear some of the changes happening and looking forward to more good things happening in our churches as we implement what we are learning.
- Are you thinking about ways to grow in the summer? Who do you need to meet with to talk about 3-5 ways to connect with your community this summer? Be Creative!
- We talked about the 5 Cs and the 4 Ls as ways to think about who we want on staff and at our leadership tables. We need to know our church’s current DNA and your “hoped for” DNA in order to know who needs to be in leadership.
- Speaking of the DNA of our churches, maybe make the Harry Beckwith quote about a successful organization part of who you are … “Promise PM; Deliver AM”.
- We talked about Evangelism as part of the Great Commission and not just a Spiritual Gift. As followers of Jesus, WE DO Evangelism.
- We talked about 3 ways the Pastor can raise the Evangelism temperature in the church, 5 principles of Personal Evangelism, 4 keys to effective Promotion and 3 ways to clear a path to saying “Yes” to Jesus.
- Remember to take time to think about Baptism from a Biblical perspective and how we might work with that within the parameters of Methodist polity.
- Evangelism is Discipleship … Jesus said that he would “make” his Disciples something if they followed him. He said he would make them “fishers of people”. That’s what we get to do!
- And, get ready for the Evangelism Quiz at June 28th Coaching Session!
- Quick reminder: Please secure the NEW DATE in NOVEMBER so that you and your spouse can enjoy Friday evening, November 11th with the ECL Network. Maybe it’s a good time to plan a weekend away!
Wow! That was a lot in one day.
Everything you need to prepare for our session on June 28th at the Chamber Building (same place we’ve been meeting) in Baraboo is in your HUB. I’m looking forward to continuing a great year together!
Finally, check out the links to Church Leader Insight’s “NEW Assimilation Seminar” in your Session 2 HUB and the “Stewardship Seminar” in your Session 3 HUB. And now, the “Evangelism Seminar” on the Session 4 page of your HUB. The URLs have been UPDATED, so don’t miss them! Again, these are for you and your church’s use only. I have permission to pass these to you all as part of our coaching network. Please help me keep Nelson’s trust in me by honoring Church Leader Insights wishes. Download it all and keep studying!
Thanks for allowing me to be your Coach. I’m praying for you, your leadership and your churches. And, for you who will be moving this summer!
P.S. Scroll down for the recording of our session, your homework and all of the resources.