Session 6: Growth Group System – June 2016
It was great to see most of you last week Tuesday and I hope and pray all are recovering well from July 4th festivities! Praying for you who were on vacation and/or in transition. Once again, our time together was absolutely loaded and we probably could have gone a lot longer.
Here is a brief re-cap from our June 28th time together:
- Devotional from Bud took us to The Hobbit Devotions and highlighted Psalm 84:5 as he talked about quests and adventures bringing hardships. We are reminded that the adventure of following Jesus as leaders in His Church brings hardships as well!
- Many of you did great on the Evangelism Quiz with Peter and Sue coming out on top!
- It was great to hear some of the changes happening and looking forward to more good things happening in our churches as we implement what we are learning.
- Are you thinking about ways to grow in the summer? Who do you need to meet with to talk about 3-5 ways to connect with your community this summer? Be Creative!
- We talked about Membership Classes and how we are attempting those at BMZ at this time.
- We talked about Small Groups and specifically a semester-based small group system.
- We talked through most of the 12 Big Ideas about Small Groups from Nelson’s book, Activate. Might be worth reviewing those as you talk to your leadership about the possibilities of implementing this form of small groups in your church(es).
- FOCUS – FORM – FILL – FACILITATE! Calenderize it and Semester-Based Small Groups become your FRIEND!
- Again, a reminder to send in your notes complete with a few of your “Next Steps” as you lead in your faith community.
- And, get ready for the Small Groups Quiz at July 26th Coaching Session! ATTENTION: July 26th Session begins at 11:30am with LUNCH PROVIDED!
Wow! That was a lot in one day.
Everything you need to prepare for our session on July 26th at the Chamber of Commerce building in Baraboo is in your HUB. I’m looking forward to continuing a great year together! We are now MORE THAN half-way done with this year of coaching.
Finally, check out the links to Church Leader Insight’s “Assimilation Seminar” in your Session 2 HUB, their “Stewardship Seminar” in your Session 3 HUB and the “Evangelism Seminar” on the Session 4 page of your HUB.
NEW … in YOUR Session 6 HUB is the “Activate Seminar”. Please download that and take some time to listen to what Nelson and Kerrick have to say about Small Groups!
Again, these are for you and your church’s use only. I have permission to pass these to you all as part of our coaching network. Please help me keep Nelson’s trust in me by honoring Church Leader Insights wishes. Download it all and keep studying!
Thanks for allowing me to be your Coach. I’m praying for you, your leadership, your churches and the few of you that are taking your leadership to a new church this month!
P.S. Scroll down (Get into your membership HUB) for the recording of our session, your homework and all of the resources.