Session 8: Stewardship System – August 2016
It was great to see most of you on Tuesday and I hope and pray all are recovering well! Praying for you who were on vacation and/or otherwise not able to attend. BUT, in all politeness, for those of you who missed this session … YOU MISSED IT (See below)! Once again, our time together was absolutely loaded.
Here is a brief re-cap from our August 30th time together:
- Devotional from Sue reminded us of the faith we need to sail into the deep waters of ministry, leadership and change.
- We had no Quiz. WooHoo!
- It was great to have Nelson Searcy with us via Skype!! I hope that you all enjoyed hearing him teach through his 2nd favorite system as much as I did. Thank you for your great questions too!
- Remember, if you would like Nelson’s resource “Debt-Free Pastor”, email him at: firstname.lastname@example.org and remind him that you are with Lon. It is a resource specifically for pastors, but even if you are not in debt, you can learn more about how to help others out of debt. If you do email Nelson, please also thank him for being with us at ECL.
- Are you thinking about ways to grow in the Fall? Who do you need to meet with to talk about 3-5 ways to connect with your community this Fall? Be Creative!
- Do you have your Fall Big Day on the calendar yet? A fall sermon series planned out?
- We talked about a Christmas Offering and how to help people connect with the discipline of giving and generosity.
- Are you thinking about ways to connect your people to the Great Commission of Matthew 28:18-20 and Acts 1:8 through your Christmas Offering? Again, I would say that it’s easier to start international and work your way back to local as opposed to the other way around.
- I think I said something like Randy Alcorn’s quote that “It is impossible to be a developing follower of Jesus Christ without first becoming a developing steward of God’s resources.”
- We also went back to Worship System and went through the Preaching Calendar.
Wow! That was a lot in one day.
Everything you need to prepare for our session on September 27th at the Chamber of Commerce in Baraboo is in your HUB. I’m looking forward to continuing a great year together! We are almost ¾ through with this year of coaching.
Finally, check out the links to Church Leader Insight’s “Assimilation Seminar” in your Session 2 HUB, their “Stewardship Seminar” in your Session 3 HUB, the “Evangelism Seminar” on the Session 4 page of your HUB and in YOUR Session 6 HUB is the “Activate Seminar”.
NEW … in your Session 7 HUB is the “The Worship Planning Seminar”. Please download that and take some time to listen to what Nelson (Now that you all have “met” him) has to say about Worship!
Again, these are for you and your church’s use only. I have permission to pass these to you all as part of our coaching network. Please help me keep Nelson’s trust in me by honoring Church Leader Insights wishes. Download it all and keep studying!
Thanks for allowing me to be your Coach. I’m praying for you, your leadership and your churches.
P.S. Scroll down for the recording of our session, your homework and all of the resources.