Session 9: Ministry System -September 2016
It was great to see most of you on Tuesday! Praying for you who were dealing with illness (your own or family members) or other reasons not able to attend. Once again, our time together was absolutely loaded.
Here is a brief re-cap from our September 27th time together:
- Devotional from Debbie took us into Psalm 86 and reminded us of the importance of our hearts… teachable, humble and undivided hearts can do great ministry.
- Please remember to pray for each other. We had quite the list of requests. Remember each other’s Big Days and/or new ministry starts and/or new worship series kick-off dates in your prayers. Let’s not ignore the powerful tool of communicating with our God through prayer.
- We had no Quiz. Woo-Hoo!
- It was great to hear some of the changes happening in you and your churches and I look forward to hearing more good things happening in our churches as we implement what we are learning.
- Have you talked with your leadership yet about a Christmas Offering and how to help people connect with the Biblical discipline of giving and generosity?
- Are you thinking about ways to connect your people to the Great Commission of Matthew 28:18-20 and Acts 1:8 through your Christmas Offering? I would say that it’s easier to start international and work your way back to local as opposed to the other way around.
- We talked some more about Stewardship. Great discussion about envelopes and the benefits of Giving Options (ACH, Direct Deposit, Online Giving, etc.). Let me say one more time … “Stewardship is Discipleship” and I think that is one of the big gaps between where we are right now as churches and where God wants us to be.
- We talked about the pastor leading in the area of stewardship. It’s hard to ask our people to tithe if we are not willing to go first.
- We got started in the Ministry System. We talked about how serving is all about the heart, and we want to have hearts like Jesus (the ultimate Servant Heart!). We were challenged with some questions to help us, as pastors, think clearly about our theology of ministry. Please take time to work through those questions before next month.
- Please email me (Lon) at: email@example.com and let me know how you are doing at IMPLEMENTING the 8 Systems. How are you doing with: Assimilation? Stewardship? Small Groups? Ministry? Worship Planning? Evangelism? Please let me know via email what struggles / successes you are having. It will help me know how to finish out this Coaching Year!
- And, remember, those of you in your first year of ECL, please let Dawn know right away if you plan on continuing in ECL Coaching in 2017. Send her an email letting her know that you are in and she’ll let you know your next steps!
- If you are in your 2nd year of ECL, please email me (Lon) at: firstname.lastname@example.org and let me know if you are interested in Advanced ECL Coaching. OR, please email me with your questions about this.
Wow! That was a Great Day!
Everything you need to prepare for our session on Tuesday, October 25th in Baraboo is in your HUB. I’m looking forward to continuing a great year together! We are ¾ through with this year of coaching.
Don’t forget to check out the links to Church Leader Insight’s “Assimilation Seminar” in your Session 2 HUB, their “Stewardship Seminar” in your Session 3 HUB, the “Evangelism Seminar” on the Session 4 page of your HUB and in YOUR Session 6 HUB is the “Activate Seminar”. Session 7 HUB is the “The Worship Planning Seminar”.
And NOW, the “Ministry Seminar” is in your HUB (Session 9)! Please download that and take some time to listen to what Nelson has to say about Leading Volunteer Ministry!
Again, these are for you and your church’s use only. I have permission to pass these to you all as part of our coaching network. Please help me keep Nelson’s trust in me by honoring Church Leader Insights wishes. Download it all, share it with your leadership and keep studying!
Thanks for allowing me to be your Coach. I’m praying for you, your leadership and your churches.
P.S. Scroll down for the recording of our session, your homework and all of the resources.